Help with firmware

In zip and there is a folder named GRBL put it in your documents/arduino/libraries then restart arduino and
Open file/examples/grbl

Github/blomsD/MPCNC is cnc, not 3D printer.

#error “Oops! Set MOTHERBOARD to an LPC1768-based board when building for LPC1768.”
49 | #error “Oops! Set MOTHERBOARD to an LPC1768-based board when building for LPC1768.”

If you’re doing dual end stops, use the anttix version i posted. It’s configured for dual end stop cnc. I believe anttix missed the default environment so just change it in the platformio.ini to LPC1768. He shows how to do it in the basics video. Choose your drivers. He has a video for your exact drivers too.

1 Like

Okay, let me go back to that board…I will keep everyone updated on what happens hopefully I can finish this before I go back to work lol…I want to once again say thank you to everyone who has helped me I am very grateful!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me yesterday I was able to succesfully compile the firmware on the SKR 1.3 with the TFT35 screen, once again thank you all!

2 Likes

Yay.

well, I am stuck on 3 last parts…I am hoping you could help…so I have a TFT35 v1.2 I downloaded the firmware I put it into an SD Card and loaded it up; however, some of the images did not display that’s my first issue second, I set up the dual end stops for x, y, I didn’t know we needed one for z…

This is what I keep running into with the screen

https://forum.v1e.com/t/mpcnc-btt-touchscreenfirmware-for-tft35-2-0/16793

So, I got the screen to work the motors to turn…now comes a serious of questions lol…what do you use to send the g code? is it like 3d printing? can I use CURA, I also have fusion 360, prontier face, repetier host. My next question is, I have a 500W spindle how can I control it…the spindle comes with a speed power converter, how can I control the cnc spindle with an Arduino joystick?

1 Like

Check out the software workflow. There isn’t a single set of tools, but it is common to use estlcam to create the gcode files (but not sending) and either use an sd card or an attached computer with repetier host.

Also, be sure to check out the milling basics and the test crown.

I cannot use estlcam since I am using an SKR board. Where do you find the “test crown?”

Why you can’t use estlcan with the SKR board???
The Board it self has nothing to do with ability to use estlcam even if you are not using marlin.
Jeffeb3 post the link for you…
https://docs.v1engineering.com/software/estlcam-basics/#test-file.

The gcode Estlcam produces is able to be used by any machine you just cant use the sender part of it as it is designed for other hardware but the CAM part works wonderful repeater host or other software is used as a sender

I was reading on one of the forum posts that you can’t use Estlcam, I guess I was wrong( what is Estlcam btw)

Take a look at the page linked here:

Software workflow

It will answer a lot of your questions.

1 Like

I downloaded the Estlcam, and I have been reading the forums…I think I am going to stick with Fusion 360 for right now. I have a question if anyone can help answer it…what is the best type of tool to cut metal? Could you connect a Arduino, a RPI, and the skr 1.3?

Hello everyone, I keep getting this error

“kill() called!
[ERROR] Error:Printer halted. kill() called!” how do I fix it?

Which version of the firmware are you using Chris? Did you flash it yourself or buy one of Ryan’s preflashed boards?

Chris - You will get that error if you instruct the software to perform a function like ‘home’ or ‘probe’ and it fails to receive feedback from a limit switch or something like that within the allotted time or movement. What key did you press before you get the kill notification?

What is the arduion for? use the Rpi with Repeater or CNCjs to send the Gcode made with Estlcam or 360 to the skr1.3