Hillsboro, Oregon Primo Build

It’s ALIVE!

Here is a picture of the completed drawing. I think it looks pretty good.

Of course that’s with just initially connecting all the wiring, just to see it move. Now comes the hard part of getting the wiring loom together an building a “real” system.

Mike

3 Likes

All,

I’ve finally gotten the wiring cleanup done and am ready to make chips!

All the wiring routes to the origin corner, and then is collected in the hollow space under the table.

From there it is connected using Mil-Spec 6 pin connectors to the cables going to the Rambo 1.4.

Rather than put a whole aluminum channel on the gantry, I made a little “lifter” that picks up the cable chain before it hits anything.

Using the screen controller I ran each axis out 300mm and measured the length with a steel rule: it looks like each axis is about 0.5mm short. I guess that’s not too bad, but you guys can tell me if that is something I need to correct.

I spend a while today getting more familiar with EstlCAM and did a bunch of “air milling” with the pen holder installed. Tomorrow I hope to really make some dust, and cut the parts for the upgraded MP3D printer.

I have a few questions about that, but I’ll post in the appropriate sub forum.

Mike

5 Likes

Hooray, I’ve been making dust all evening long.

First project is a set of flat parts for a MP3D V2. All done!

I think they came out pretty good.

Figured out Estlcam basics, I kept having problems with the starting point, especially the Z axis.

I hooked up the Z-Probe and followed a procedure of Home X&Y, then Home Z. Turn on the router, and start the "print’ from the LCD.

I’m stoked to try out some 3d carving stuff eventually, but for now I need to build the 3D printer.

Mike

7 Likes

Congrats on your build. And a clean(ish) garage. I appreciate all the work that takes. I just spent a lot of time starting to organize my shop and it still gets the need for a cleaning.