Home to Z-max, Probe z-min with dual endstops

If either of you are willing to try it (keep your old firmware.cur on hand, just in case). I wasn’t able to swap the X and Y. The instructions and everything assume the dual axis is Y, not X. But it would be great if someone could just confirm the Z home up and Z probe works, I’d be very grateful.

1 Like

Yes. See my post above 18 days ago. I found a line I forgot to uncomment and then seemed to work as expected.

Probably should have replied instead of making an inline update.

Thanks as always Jeff.

Oh no, I’m sorry. I wasn’t clear. I was hoping someone coukd try the new release I made:

It should have that fix in it.

I tried the new release and I get an error: All Low for each driver

Did it work with 503? I didn’t mean to change anything with the 2209s.

I just started my build and I wondered the same, it has the same error.

If you have some pointers I’m all ears because I’m dead in the water.

That means that the skr pro can’t talk to the tmc2209s.

1. Did you get the parts from Ryan? If not, maybe they weren’t the right parts.
  2. Did you remove all of the jumpers except for the uart one for each driver?
  3. Do you have motor power as well as the main power? I think this is missing from the instructions, as someone else had this problem a day or two ago.

I think the only step I’m missing is the motor power, do you have details on that?

Thank you!

Next to the POWER input is a MOTOR input. You need to jumper that to the power input.

That was it! Thank you!

1 Like

Let me know if you can probe down on Z using zmin and home Z goes up on Zmax and Xmax endstops. I don’t have my skr attached to a cnc to check that. I’m trying to avoid gutting my LR again.

z home do not work
i found something in the configuration.h think is wrong
// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses “false” here (most common setup).

#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false

#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false

#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true

#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false

#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false

#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false

#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true
and the m112 command answer on ponterface
Connecting…
Printer is now online.

m119
SENDING:M119
Reporting endstop status
x_min: TRIGGERED
y_min: TRIGGERED
y2_min: TRIGGERED
z_min: open
z_max: TRIGGERED
z2_max: TRIGGERED
and all light on board are red on stepper

but 6 red light whit 5 stepper is it normal
question there is 2 red jumper on z1 stepper should it be there or not ?
and should in configuration.h line 665 #define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true should be set to false ?

I know it is much later, but finally got around to testing 504 and it seemed to work on the Rambo as I expected. I made minor modifications for a dual X instead of dual Y but other than that left as is. Z homes up and probes down. Now I just need to tune the end stop positions and start cutting. Thanks

2 Likes

@vicious1, FYI.

Thanks Bryan. This is similar to the feedback from the others that have tried it. Both the X vs. Y and the probing working. So that is good news.

1 Like

Is the version posted earlier still up to date? I would like to my future MPCNC to home the same way. But I don’t know if Ryan has made any firmware changes over the last couple months.

This is related to the MarlinBuilder releases. Specificlaly, the LR builds are dual Y and dual Z, so the dual Z endstops require that goofy probe down, home up switch.

You can do this on an MPCNC, but in my opinion, it is not worth it.

Hi there, i am from argentina and recently made a lowrider 2 cnc, made the crown, a few projects on mdf, was able to cut perfectly, but now i wonder if i could step up to a dual z end stop on z max and z min probe, i am runing ramps 1.4 with marlin, my question it’s wich firmware do i need to donwload in order to achieve this without messing aroud to much with the code, thaks in advance!
Excuse my english.

This is an old thread. But we have configurations for dual LR that does dual z home up and probe on zmin.

MarlinBuilder releases

V1CNC_Ramps_DualLR is the right one. Let us know how it works. I don’t know if that has been tested.

Thank you so much for you quick response, i’ll try that and report back!!

Hi again, well, i have already all wired up and runnin all the axis in the correct direction, but when wen i tell any axis to go home, they only run for about 10mm and stop, did i miss something?

1 Like