Homing in wrong direction

Thank you gentlemen. I addressed the comments in the other topic. Again, I appreciate your assistance and patience.

1 Like

I’m new here so not sure if I’m doing this correctly but…
I’m running SKR 1.2 purchased from V1 store.
I have just built a low rider 2 with dual end stops, everything is moving in the correct direction but when I home the Y axis it moves in the wrong direction (-Y) I’d like it to home +Y, X and Z work correctly.

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

It is tricky to change the homing direction. Especially with the low rider. You can change the Y_HOME_DIR. But then you need to change the Y2 endstop pin to something else.

Ir is homing in the prescribed direction (towards negative). But they want it to home up.

hello, I know. The x,y,z are going the wrong way by a few mm because the motherboard is detecting for pressing the limiters. you need to change in filmware “#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING FALSE” to “#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING TRUE” . In my case it solved the problem

Hi, I’ve been reading through this and many other threads about the same issue. However, it’s a little different for me. I have a cr10 that was working well, but I decided to upgrade to the wham bam plate. So I took the plate off and did the switch. Now, when homing, the Y goes away from the limit switch and grinds the stepper motor and belt. I have changed nothing expect the build plate. I don’t use any code software, still really new at this. I do have repetier now, and when I run M119, its shows all as open. When I manually jog, it travels as it should in the correct way. Any ideas?

-Andrew

You should probably make a new issue, so you can post details and pics and we can ask pointed questions.

But I bet it is something simple, like the Y motor got plugged in backwards or the belt is twisted.

Good day,

I also wish to ask about our problem.

Our X-axis is moving properly when printing from initial point till the nth point. However, as it goes to the next y line, the x doesn’t go back to its initial point.

We also try to use a limit switch, but when it is triggered, it only stopped the system instead of homing the the x axis.

I suggest you open your questions as a new topic, and you expand on what is going on. Is your behavior happening when you are trying to run a job? We can tell a lot from the g-code, so uploading it to a post is very helpful. Telling us the tool you are using to generate the g-code would also be helpful.

How do you manually move your axes (display, Repetier-Host, other)? Do they move property when moved manually? Is this only a problem when running a g-code file?

2 Likes