How can I learn to do this kind of engraving?

I’ve been doing some practice sign cutting, using 1/8 and 1/4 end mills. I just bought a 60 degree and 90 degree bit and would like to learn to do the kind of engraving shown in the attached picture. Hopefully it will come through - if it doesn’t, I will post another pic of what I’m trying to do.

Basically, I would like to engrave letters that are more lines than outlines, that have angled sides and some fine serifs. The attached picture was on one of the reviews for the bit I ordered on amazon, so I’m pretty sure the bit will do it, I just need to learn how to make it do it.

What kind of software can do this? Will ESTLCAM? Any tips will help, even just telling me what this kind of engraving is called, so I know what I need to research.

Thanks,

Karl

If you are using Estlcam use the pocket feature when you select the letters. I just started playing with this option myself but I think it will do what you are looking for. Or you can use the carve feature used in Christian’s video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8KdxxKhdLk

Ahh, the carve feature! I watched that video, and another one that was in german but still pretty clear, and you’re right - I think that’s what I need to explore. I’ll be giving it a shot this weekend. Thanks, Curt!