How did you guys square ur

How did you guys square your lowrider 2 x and y axis???

I know my table is square. I clamp some boards to the end and pull the gantry up to the boards. This works pretty well to start the two Y motors square.

For the Z, I habitually give them 1/2 turn up and let them slide back down to rest. Just to remove and spring in the coupler.

1 Like

Here’s a thread where I describe my approach.

Others, including Ryan, chimed in with their thoughts as well.

Might be helpful.

The belt blocks that go on the side of the table can be used as stop blocks. You can fine tune their position on one end of the table such that if you pull the gantry to them it squares it up.

Thanks guys . I appreciate all the help and advice. Will try tomorrow!!!

Seems easy :slight_smile:

How do you “let them slide back down to rest”?

Gravity pulls the gantry down. If your LR doesn’t come all the way down from the force of gravity when the motors aren’t powered, then something is probably wrong.

Hm… Well… My aren’t coming down by gravity when my Ramps 1.4 is not powered… I am in the middle of building my LR2. Everything is connected but wire management is not done… Any ideas on what I might have missed?

Not enough lube on lead screws? If I manually rotate the screws they move… But not by gravity.

Missing lube is common. You can also assemble it backwards and it will bind.

But this looks right?

EDIT: I have check that stepmotor shaft is touching the lead screw: It wasn’t! I fixed that. Still not going down by gravity!

If you twist the leadscrew by hand, can you feel the resistance? Maybe share some wider shots of the assembly. Double check that the part that holds the vertical and horizontal tubes is assembled the right way (I can never remember the name). If the tubing is binding going down, then it will get harder and harder as it gets closer.

1 Like

Made a new post to not takeover this one.