How to build a simple web page?

Well, here it is! www.askevold.net
some quirks still, but simple enough and a nice way to show off to potential customers

7 Likes

Looks good from my corner of the Globe!!!

Looks good! If I didn’t know better, I would you seem like a professional! :slight_smile:

I enjoyed concrete5 too, until about 5 years ago when it crashed and wiped out my whole site. Could not restore backups properly.
As a result, found a new host and switched to WP (since I was starting from scratch anyway).
Haven’t looked back even once…

I use an oldie, Expression Web 4 by Microsoft, to do simple pages. It’s free and easy to use, allows both WYSIWYG and code editing, handles more advanced tasks such as scripting and isn’t a big resource hog.

I like the overall minimalist approach! Too many websites are visually and programmatically bloated nowadays. The perspective of you workshop photo is a little counter-productive and I don’t like the semi-transparency. I’d take a nicer photo with good lighting. You could desaturate it, if it’s too colourful.
Is the rather large white space between the header portion of you site and the middle part intentional?

2 Likes

Don’t forget to change your Favicon.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad that you understood my approach. My plan all the way was to make something very simple, as a showroom. I appreciate the other feedback as well, I’ve made small changes accordingly. My plan was to have one long page, that would have linkable areas, but it didn’t work out well.

And yes - I should definately get a favicon, @vicious1! I just have to find some kind of logo/icon…

1 Like

I like the changes! Looks much more homogenous now. Oh yeah, your content is impressive.

1 Like

Just checked, it looks great on mobile / chrome.

1 Like