How to calibrate for tramming?

Hi All,
I’ve just purchased a wide (22mm) router bit and have noticed that one side of the bit is higher than the other. So my flattenings are ending up looking like venetian blind (or sawtooth pattern)

I would like to fix this how do I measure, calibrate and correct this? I was unable to find anything in the documentation. Yes I’ve checked my pulleys :wink:

I have a chinese 52mm spindle with the Thingverse mount (MPCNC 525 Chinese 52mm 500W Spindle Mount by Aze33 - Thingiverse). Wasn’t too happy with these mounts as they started splitting as I tightened the screws down.

Thanks
Mark

This worked for the dw660 I had:

There was another user that just used a bent piece of wire. He chucked it up, and it went out about 6" and then went down to a point. The side where it touches is where it is too low.

If you’re close, you can put a piece of paper or tape inside the mount to move it a little.

1 Like

Also, this mount looks pretty nice. No info yet on the source:

1 Like

Designed by myself

3 Likes

If it is off just a bit, shim it like Jeffeb3 said.
If it is off by a lot “front to back” that is a upper vs lower tension thing, left to right can be similar. If it is a lot the 2.5" tension bolts are not equal.

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but curious if you have this mount available for a 55mm spindle or could provide the original files to be edited?