How to tighten the nuts on the Xmotor assm?

So I got my Lowrider in today! super excited and have spent the last few hours setting up the center assembly, and have all the rollers as well as the vacduct, no easy task! and can’t get the Xmotor assembly on, the bolts don’t hold against the part and there’s no space for a pair of pliers or a wrench to fit in. Am I doing something wrong? I’m inserting the screws from the bottom and placing the locknuts on the top, I’m guessing this is correct to allow maximum clearance under the plate. But I can’t for the life of me get the screws to tighten down. There just isn’t any space to grab the locknut, and when I can even get a tiny bit of purchase on it, it slips out again due to the force of pushing the screwdriver into the screw to get enough pressure on it to not have my screwdriver slip, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all for any tips or tricks! For now I’m going to move on to a different part as to not be held back from the project, hoping to have it completed over the holiday weekend!

Those might need a small flat screwdriver to shim between the nut and the plastic part. Just jam it in the side so the nut trying to rotate pulls it into the plastic. It’s kinda hacky, but you only have to do it once.

2 Likes

That’s genius! I’ll give it a try when I get home tonight! Thank you so much!

1 Like

It worked great! Thank you!

2 Likes