I made another MP3DP.....kinda

Can you give me the screw list?

https://www.v1engineering.com/projects/project-3d-printer/

Hello there
Can you provide the complete list of screws and nuts in mm for MP3DP?

https://www.v1engineering.com/projects/project-3d-printer/

There are only two non metric screws to convert. 1"~ 25mm, 1.5" ~ 40mm

Case thickness 8mm or 10mm?

Omur, if the parts page is not answering your questions please start a new thread, this one is not for that type of question.

Hey anybody got other instructions or how to do video?

Not that I know of just a bunch of pictures.

because I don’t know what shape and size I’m suppose to make the wood frame

The file is there with the STL’s. A DXF file is the exact dimensions, and what you use with a CNC machine to cut the frame.

I don’t have a CNC but I do have a glowforge. Think I could convert the DXF file into SVG?
what would be your advice on doing this?

1 Like

@scrounge79 would know. You should be able to use a glowforge, no problem. I don’t know how to convert a DXF to SVG though. Maybe inkscape or librecad would work?

2 Likes

Either one should depending on the version of dfx

Inkscape works fine for conversion of DXF for laser cutting. I have a Glowforge. I’m marmak3261 on the Community forum. You do have to pay attention to the parameters.

So I converted the file into SVG but it seems like it came out too small. I’m about to print the XZ Frame and it is only 6 inch long. Do you know what is the size of the XZ frame suppose to be?

One way for the Glowforge to get it correct is to use a 20x12 artboard in Inkscape to ensure proper sizing. Let me work through this. It’s been a while since I messed with DXFs. I tried in my first efforts to use DXFs and then quickly realized that the conversion issues would continue to haunt me, so I just stopped using them. What converted me (ha) was using Onshape at @stewart’'s kiri:moto app to make svgs.

I have a Glowforge and my process is exclusively Onshape -> Kiri -> SVG -> Glowforge. Perfect every time. And I do a lot of laser cutting.

So, you guys are saying I should buy a glowforge? I have a few questions:

• Which one should I get?
  • What do I need to do to my house to keep it safe?
  • How do I convince my wife? Are there any sites that sell the GF, but repackage it in a crappy case with misspelled English on the side? Maybe she won’t question it if it comes that way.
4 Likes

All you need is to have it on a extension with trip protection. You dont need to do much. And I think your wife would love it because she can do those girly engravments lol Make cut little boxes and engrave photo on wood

So I finally got the conversional from DXF to SVG right. I had to use inkscape to have the exact 1:1 conversion.
But now I have another problem. My glowforge cant cut the XZ Frame and the Y Frame because it is too big and wont fit in the machine.

Do you have any advice on doing so? I was thinking of maybe cutting it in parts and connecting it by glue or nail. What would you recommend?