I need control board advice and opinions.

That is RMS vs peak, those drivers can turn themselves down and or only uses as much power is needed not to skip steps. So even with less power RMS they have just as much if and when they need it peak. There are so many settings and nuances to those drivers, in the latest prusa vid he mentions software endstops don’t work in stealth mode I think). Way too much to keep track of.

I considered the boards, The reason I did not go with them is almost every feature needs to be tuned. Even though Prusa’s use all the same hardware, the machines still need a pretty serious calibration routine to work right. I do not see any value in that for a machine were people use all sorts of stuff to cobble together an MPCNC/zen/Lowrider/MP3DP. This would turn into a einsy tuning forum. I also don’t see many actual benefits. Take that with a grain of salt because I also do not see much benefit to auto level either.

It also could be a calculation of how the board has the heat sinking implemented and how much it can reasonably dump.