IF anyone wants to check out my CNC only TFT 3.5 E3 firmware I've been playing with

It’s pretty much stripped down to just basic CNC functionality right now, but It’s the menu setup that works for me. This is CNC menu only, I removed the laser functions from this. It is also only the TFT firmware, you will need to enter your “bed” size in marlin still for auto home to function properly without timing out.

• F0 outputs 0-10V for Spindle RPM VFD input
  • Added some “goto 0” buttons, I use those a lot when setting z height off of the tallest spot on the part, or canceling a print and restarting from previous 0
  • Added travel speed and spindle speed controls to the cutting menu
  • Some Icon changes

One known issue - When you stop a print mid print, it also sends a PWM 0 command to F0, but the display still thinks it’s at the last known RPM. I haven’t fixed that yet.
Side note, I do plan on fixing the stop button on the print screen to a different stop icon.

If anyone wants to check it out:

http://guywithcamerapgh.com/bmw/MPCNC/KEmigh_SKR1_2_pro_Firmware_CNC_only.zip

3 Likes

6 Likes

does this have change bit (tool) feature ?

I use the post processor to program in tool changes if I need them…

I’m just curious though, what benefit would a tool change button have on the menu, and what exactly would it do, that isn’t already included in the move menu?

So- basically I running TT tech firmware and when I do my tool paths with two different endmill on the same gcode via micro usb - it freezes after the first one is done . I was hoping there was a way to get these SKR with tft screens to have the ability to resume after the first tool path is done via gcode through the screen .Thanks a lot

one last thing I love your case for the SKR /tft you posted ,unfortunately I got a package that come with the TFT35 V2.0 and sadly does not fit - is there any way you can update the top cover to if it, that will be awesome .
I have link below for my screen information

I can, but i would need one of those here to do it.

it could be added to your thingiverse drawing I will assume.

I would add it to that, yes

Forgot to respond to the tool path resume, I think more info is needed on why it’s “freezing”

If it’s waiting for an input, or if it’s actually not processing your tool changing script. I don’t use tool changes anymore since F360 took them out of the free version.

Thanks- let me know when you do so I can try it out .Thanks a lot for your help and patience

Can the source code be found on GitHub ?