I'm guessing that the lowrider 3 is imminent

Want to know why I think that?

I made an OG MPCNC two weeks before the 525 was released.
A month after I upgraded my MPCNC to use the 525 parts, the BURLY edition was released.

I printed all the parts for a lowrider 1, and while I was hemming and hawing about what size table I was going to do, the V2 was released about 6 weeks later.

I had some medical issues shortly after that and never actually assembled the V1, but all that appears to be behind me now and I’m ready to get crackin again.
Which means I need to print out the V2 parts…
Which history tells me means that the V3 will be released sometime in June!

LOL!

4 Likes

@kubark42 has been working on an unofficial version. Even though it’s unofficial, there’s no reason it couldn’t turn into something you had wished you had built instead.

HAHAHAHA Man you have my luck! I’m usually always late to the game, and by the time I get gung-ho into something there’s a new version available!

Just ‘pretend’ to start printing the parts, and see if you’re right! haha

:smiley:

It’s coming along, 3D printing got exponentially harder with the shutdown, but I’ve got all the bearing blocks printed and the modular parts are on their way now.

1 Like

That would be awesome!!! I will shoot for June then.

I am still knee deep in the new MPCNC, with zero thought on a LR other than a wish list. So June would be insane but your reasoning is solid I can’t argue with that.

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

Welp, I’m about 90% of the way through printing out the LRV2 parts and I’ve gotten rid of a couple of workbenches/tables in the shop in order to make room. I saw the LRV2 parts bundle listed as in stock this morning and said “OOOOHHH YESSSS” but then when I clicked on it they were sold out…Sad Face.

I only get a few hours (and not in a row) on the weekends to do this kind of stuff so I’m still probably a month or two out from actually needing the electronics anyway.

@kubark42 Any update on the v3? I am looking at doing my first build and while I am excited about the LRv2 if the v3 is coming soon I would rather wait. And if it is coming soon what parts are not changing so I can focus on those and wait on the others? Thanks.

There are zero plans for a LR3 at this time. The Primo has not even been released yet.

Ok thanks Ryan

@vicious1 a few months worth of virus have flowed through the PPE since you last teased us with “zero plans for a LR3”, now it’s not that I didn’t believe you, but… have you changed your mind yet? :smiley:

Still have a version of the Primo to release. No LowRider plans at all.

1 Like