Is it possible to extract the currently installed firmware from an SKR board?

I’m currently using a MKS Base 1.4 board in my MPCNC and an SKR 1.3 in an Tevo Tarantula 3d printer. I’'d like to temporarily move the SKR board to my MPCNC. I’m really happy with the current firmware that I have for the 3d printer, but I can’t find the source configuration.h for it anymore. So if I reflash the firmware to use it in the MPCNC, I currently have no way to restore the 3d printer firmware.

Is it possible to extract and backup the firmware.bin from the SKR board?

Only if the firmware.cur is still on the sd card. Otherwise, there may be some ways to pull the binary down through an ISP like interface, but I wouldn’t know how.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff. I assumed that would probably be the answer. Oh well, I guess I’ll just leave my old SKR board in the 3d printer…I don’t wanna mess with its firmware if it is working well. I guess I’ll just pull the trigger and buy another SKR.

1 Like

Save the source code next time :slight_smile:. I really hate not being able to find the source later. But maybe I am weird that way.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m kind of a hoarder when it comes to saving my data. The trouble is, I’m terriblly lazy about categorizing, so I probably have it, but don’t know where I put it. I recently consolidated most of my data to a NAS and I’m gradually getting it organized. Hopefully, I’ll find it.

1 Like

“why the hell did I save that to the pictures folder??!!”

3 Likes