Is my flip up LR2 table upgradable to LR3?

I am trying to get my head around if my table can be modified to handle a 4x8’ LR3 configuration.
Any ideas?
Is there a 3d mockup of an assembled LR3 I can use to help figure this out?

You’ll need to widen the table a few inches. About 62 inches wide will work.

1 Like

It’s currently 56". There is six inches of clearance between the current side of the table and the wall that I could use if I don’t use the length taken up by the wheels and 4-5" between the front and the floor. Does anything stick out past the 62 inches? I guess it’s not the end of the world if I can’t cut the entire length.

The best bet is to have 3" on either side not sure how to do that… a 4x4 cut diagonally? That is going to add a lot of weight and be a beast to flatten not to mention the warping :frowning:

Maybe some of this in stainless with some threaded rod all the way through the table… no idea if it comes flat though… or how to drill a 4 foot hole that is level.

The total size is smaller, but it all rides on the table, so it should still fit, but you need to extend each side. Or recenter it and extend one side.

We have seen people build a sort of shelf, with plywood on the top, plywood on one side, and triangular plywood supports. Those seem like a good balance between weight and rigidity. Unistrut is also still an option.

1 Like

Thanks jeff that seems like the best idea so far.

Hanging 3" of unistrut off of 3/4" MDF sounds like a bad idea unless it also had some kind of triangular supports under the unistrut… hmm maybe something 3d printed and a person could shim above the brackets to level it.

1 Like

The nice thing is that there is no clearance needed under the table, so the Unistrut can be supported underneath if you like. Maybe, I dunno, if you could CNC cut some support pieces, lol.

2 Likes