Is there a CNC version of thingiverse?

Title says it all

You can find some cnc projects on thingiverse.

I’m also curious what else is out there.

Here are some sites I’ve bookmarked:

ZenziWerken | Startseite

Inventables | Projects

Explore ShopBot CNC Projects

Projects | OpenBuilds

6 Likes

just found this listing

Since everyone wants to move to Fusion 360 right now there’s always https://gallery.autodesk.com/projects/ for which a small subset you can download models for (probably in fusion specific file formats)

I’ve found some cool stuff at 3axis.co

1 Like

Sarcasm? I can’t tell.

2 Likes

That page is dope.

He has most of his designs on Thingi as well.

I literally looked at the date you posted this to make sure I wasn’t reading a really old thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m honestly not sure why there isn’t a “thingiverse” for cnc…

All I either find are sites where everything is paid (which is fine, get paid for your work), but sadly, almost all the sites are so full of ads, or horrible UI, they’re unusable. Or they’re just forums or link aggregators, and full of dead links.

I’ve contemplated creating a site, but

1. you need enough designs to seed it with to make it a worthwhile resource (ie. critical mass)
  2. you need to deal with people posting other designers copyrighted works

Really it would be ideal if there were a couple standard tags people used on thingiverse to denote
router-cnc, and laser-cnc for “cnc-able” designs.

/shrug

1 Like

All that, but not TV. TV is a PITA. I still use it because there are millions of designs. But I don’t like it.

1 Like

agreed, but sadly, that “millions of designs” is what makes it useful

1 Like

If you build it, they will come.

1 Like

maybe a subsite of v1engineering have a library of things to build would IMHO increase the interesting in building these machines

3 Likes

Pat’s post reminded me that Carbide has it own projects site: https://cutrocket.com/.

2 Likes

I have said this a few times. I think a great solution is to hook into the userbase, file storage and stl preview, but hav a different “front page” where people add their stuff, search for other people’s stuff, etc. I am not the right kind of software engineer to make something like that. But I love the github stl preview. The version control, license consciousness, markdown preview, issue tracking pull requests, forking relationships… But it is very hard to stumble into 3D designs on github. So a front end with pretty categories, search, tags, guides. That would be great.

2 Likes

that’s a great idea @jeffeb3 if we (the community here) could come up with specs I might be able to enlist some friends to build this… I am WAY to new to do the specs…

1 Like

Hmm… That’s interesting, using GitHub to store the files? Probably not hard to slap a front end period of concept on that

1 Like

Just keep in mind that Autodesk just changed their licence policy. Most of us won’t sense a big change but some tools and options are not available in the freebie version any longer. More in the special places where F360 is discussed.