Is there a rapid move option for peel travels in ESTLCAM

I’ve been running a job involving a peel for clearing out a square hole. When it gets to the corners the travel move between edges is the same speed as the arch cut, I was looking at the gcode and the feedrate is set for both movements. I find it odd that the movement is considered a G01 rather than G00. I updated the rapid move rate in the setting to 7200 as that is what I read was the max speed recommended by Ryan. I can tell the difference when the tool is aligning for the first cut but but its bugging me that the moves above the plane are the same speed as the cuts when I know it could be faster and ideally speed up the job completion time. I’ve been poking around in ESTLCAM but I don’t see anything that will let me adjust the options when executing’s a peel. Is this just a limitation of ESTLCAM?

1 Like

That would be a great suggestion for @christian-knuell. Travel moves on peel being rapids makes a ton of sense!

I have not seen him around here in a while might want to email him that one!

1 Like

Sounds good, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. As a short term work around I manually updated the “travel” moves so the feed rate was what I was using for other travel moves. If anyone else has a file they plan to run more than once here is what I did to update my files. I used the website g-code simulator to load my gcode and then I stepped through it by dragging the mouse down the text column till I found where the specific moves I wanted to updated started. I then made the changes to the ‘f’ value and copied the code back into my file and saved it.

1 Like