Issue with my build

Hey guys, ive been working on my lowrider2 cnc for a little bit in my free time. I am very excited to see something move of course, so i attached a belt to my x axis and hooked up the motor to my rambo 1.4 board . using estlcam and nthing. i changed up the plug on the board and using the y axis port i got movement, but only in one direction, and the motor sounds a lilttle load to me. not sure what it should sound like, but i digress. is there an issue with my rambo board, or the firmware, or maybe do i need to have the dual endstops wired also to do any testing? thanks any help would be great

Did you flash the estlcam controller software? We mostly use marlin and you can’t connect and send commands from estlcam. You need to use repetier host or cncjs or the lcd screen.

Estlcam recently added back in support for the ramps, but I haven’t seen any reports on how it works.

im getting into cncjs tonight maybe ill have an update tomorrow, also reflashing firmware, but just got an error message

avr-gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
Multiple libraries were found for “U8glib.h”
Used: C:\Users\yourmom\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib
Not used: C:\Users\yourmom\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\rambo\hardware\avr\1.0.1\libraries\U8glib
exit status 1
Error compiling for board RAMBo.

Get the firmware from MarlinBuilder releases instead.

And should I use platform io to flash the firmware?
should i use marlin auto builder at all?
thanks for the help

So i got a copy of the firmware from the recommended site above and I tried to flash with autobuild, but it did not work maybe i did not correctly build and upload. But
i followed v1s directions here

I then connected to repetier-server at 250000 baud rate. Opened repetier-host connected host to server and ive got this bad boy moving. I will be setting it up on the table today and try to finish the build. Thanks for the nudge in the correct direction.
Happy turkeyday

1 Like

Great. The MarlinBuilder should build in arduino in windows for now. I haven’t tried the autobuilder.