Issues with my build

Hey guys, ive been working on my lowrider2 cnc for a little bit in my free time. I am very excited to see something move of course, so i attached a belt to my x axis and hooked up the motor to my rambo 1.4 board . using estlcam and nthing. i changed up the plug on the board and using the y axis port i got movement, but only in one direction, and the motor sounds a lilttle load to me. not sure what it should sound like, but i digress. is there an issue with my rambo board, or the firmware, or maybe do i need to have the dual endstops wired also to do any testing? thanks any help would be great

Sorry wrong spot to post.

Looks like an ok place to me…

Have you checked your grub screws for tightness? Lol.

In the direction that it does move, is is smooth?

What have you set the current to in firmware?

When I had noise in my motors, it was always the wiring, specifically with my rookie connectors. Try remaking those and see if things improve.

Ya so when i flashed the correct firmware it all started to work correctly, I tried estlcams ramps programming and im sure thats why it wasnt working, so i started from the beginning, reflash correct firmware with platformio and use repetier-server/host and it all looks good, moves how it should, sounds like it should, i worked today, i will be back at it tomorrow, am upgrading an old pc tonight. Gunna drive around tomorrow. maybe ill take some pics and take some real critique from everyone…enjoy your night

OK so im back, Im trying to reflash the firmware on my RAMBO board to incorporate the dual endstops, im getting an error message

Uploading .pio\build\rambo\firmware.hex
avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “\.\COM5”: Access is denied.

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail
avrdude: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port
avrdude: ser_recv(): read error: The handle is invalid.

and so on…
looks like its unable to connect?.. i will admit since ive been gone, i stretched the usb wire a tad bit and damaged the usb connector on the board… I replaced it and was able to control my lowrider after, so i assume we are okay. But i cant help but think this may be the issue with the UPLOAD of the firmware?

Thanks

Do you have repetier server installed?

I do…is it using that com port?

Try disabling?

I’m not sure how to disable it, besides uninstalling it. But I think it is greedy in how it grabs the port.