It's alive! Charlotte NC

25.4 SS. Need to print the tool mounts and a case for the skr 1.4, and then I’ll get some better pics. Just excited to have it running. These steppers from ryan are smoooooooth! My prusa must be entirely too noisy.

6 Likes

Stainless steel looks absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

Charlotte here too. Nice colors. Where did you source your stainless from?

Well met.

Cool, and thanks! Metalsdepot. It was $$$ but I went 28x28x3.00" so I figured conduit wouldn’t be great. Especially with a dewalt 611. The white printed pieces glow in the dark, I might take better pictures now that I got it moved to the garage. Still need to figure out cable management.

1 Like

I bought DOM tubing from Metal Supermarket for $85 and then had to pay a machinist $50 to make it perfect. Still need to figure out cable management myself and some solutions for a spoilboard and holddown clamps. Would like to know what you come up with.

First cut yesterday youtube

PM me your contact info and we’ll collaborate.

2 Likes

The lights in my garage have a person detector to turn them on. In the summer, it isn’t as good at seeing me, so this would actually come in handy!

Haha. During the filament shortages (arguably still going on), glow in the dark pla 3mm was easier to find for me. I tried to make it so each black piece was diagonally opposed to a white piece, but I somehow printed the wrong number/color combos for the lowers/uppers. I think it still looks okay though

Not far from Charlotte myself. Making progress on my own build. Tonight I got it to move!

1 Like

isn’t it the best when it moves for the first time?

Most definitely. Drew the crown test. Still need to do the wiring management and finish the wasteboard, but I’m going to have that all done this weekend. I’m so ready to start chewing up some wood.

@11Squared Welcome to the Charlotte crowd!