I don’t know why I was so nervous really but I was and I put it off a few more days than I guess I really needed to here. But I did it! I got it all covered in pink dust! I’d say it all went well but I have one question that maybe you can help me wrap my head around.
I (think) I followed all instructions to a “T” in setting up the Estlcam file and the gcode. When setting it up I used the “machine bed” as the start position. So then, knowing I had 2" stuff attached to the spoil board I moved the cutter to the point it was just touching the foam, then cleared it to what would be my X/Y zero. The walkthrough mentioned 11.5mm stock so I ran the Z axis down 11.5mm, zeroed the machine and ran the gcode.
You’ll see the tool went up a hair and then buzzed it’s way through the foam about 10mm deep and started clearing the surface.
Come to think of it…it looks like the finished part is wrong actually…it should have taller sidewalls. I better have a look again. I’ll zip the gcode and Estlcam file (need to fire up the Windows machine).
Oh, and further to some other threads about fumes/dust collection. 20 minutes of foam and I feel like I should have been wearing a dust mask despite the shop vac going…lesson learned. Ugh.