Katsu / Makita router collet

Hi All,

I bought the Katsu clone of the Makita 701 router a few months back - the idea being that it is so cheap (£35) I can happily switch to something better later.

I thought I had bought the right collets for it: but as I come to assemble things I now realise that the bits are 1/8" and there is no 1/8" collet in the pack… I should have researched further on the forum about this, as I can see others have had the same issue!

The only place I can find in the UK that sells the proper collet are asking £40, which is a bit silly, being £5 more than the router.

Did anyone have any success with any other solution in the end? Maybe with something like this ?

Thanks,

Brutha

Will this work?

Thanks Greg - yes, indeed that’s the thing I need. However, since I’m in the UK, if I’ve read the shipping info on the site correctly, the shipping will cost $34 on top of that - and then I may well get VAT etc added.

So, just looking to see if I can find something that is cheaper than the router itself :wink:

I bought the collet from Elaire directly before Ryan had them in the shop. They are around 40€ with shipping as well, but they are worth every penny. :slight_smile:

I always forget shipping out of the US is a bit of extortion on the part of shipping companies.
I had looked into the adapter sleeves you mentioned and found a mix of reviews online as to suitability for long router runs.