KC's Build

Hi Kees,
Many thanks and best wishes for a happy 2021 to you and to all the visitors of this wonderful forum.
B.R.
Paolo

1 Like

First print!
They wanted a frog, they got a frog!

5 Likes

Project almost finished, as part of the project, besides the paper they will finishing this weekend, my daughter made a video. You guys get the première :slight_smile: Btw, the video is in Dutch.

11 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Great build, and an incredible video. I’m duly impressed.

1 Like

Thanks, I show this to the ladies :grin:

2 Likes

I love to see these young ladies showing an interest in something electro-mechanical, with microprocessor tech thrown in for more learning. Perhaps you have assised two future Engineers. This world needs more Engineers who can design things from a female perspective. Good job to you and both of them. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Hi! Would you be willing to share the CAD file for the switchbox? I have a switch that has tabs on the top and bottom so the hole needs to be moved. Thanks in advance!

I added the .obj file to thingiverse (only it did not show up yet), so in the zip fusion archive, stp and obj files :wink:
switchbox.zip (180.1 KB)

Thank you so much! I will put the modified file on Thingiverse when I finish it.

Hi Kees,
you have already helped me a lot, but I still have a problem that maybe you could help me with.
Could you please suggest me a link to download the printer firmware for the SKR-pro v 1.2 and for TFT35 E3 V3.0 Display? (I think they are the cards you used for your MP3DP)
Many thanks
Best regards
Paolo

I use the SKR 1.4 Turbo and not the 1.2 Pro. As for the screen, I just use the standard firmware from the Bigtree Github page…

This fits the switch that I purchased from Ryan’s store now, thank you for the file!

2 Likes

Thanks Kees, this is a good starting point for me.
BR
Paolo

It looks like you printer is underextruding a bit or your Z is a smidge to high…

Succes! You can take this firmware as a reference / start to build you SKR 1.2 Pro - firmware. And ofcource, when you succeed, publish it somewhere over here :wink:

It always looks like that under a raft…forgot to uncheck that box. If I don’t print a raft it seems to look much better. The rest of the printing looks good to me. Is that normal under a raft?

Ah, that’s why I never do use a raft :wink: Rest of the print looks ok! How did the bridges turn out? I was realy suprised how much better the MP3DP is with bridges compared to my (trusty old) Delta.

The bridges look good to me… a little stringy at first but I’m using an ancient Makerbot that probably should have been retired long ago…I am looking forward to building the MP3DP and tinkering with something new. My daughter is drawing designs to carve in her flat stock now…we will have a fleet of 3D printers soon if all goes right!

1 Like

Very nice
Can’t wait to see your first print from it, and see the build for your daughters.