Keyestudio CNC GRBL V0.9 board

I use one of these boards to run my mpcnc is anyone else use one? It runs GRBL.
The reason I’m asking is the only thing I can’t figure out is what pins can I connect a probe too?

This is the only pin out I can find.

I don’t know how GRBL works exactly, so I can’t tell you how to configure it to use a certain pin.

From the pictures it seems that there are a couple of options on the right-hand edge of the board. You can connect it to the “Z limit”, “Extra interface”, and possibly also to the “Servo interface”. You attach one wire to either 5V or GND, and the other wire to D12/A0/A5. If you have a Z endstop already, then you cannot use “Z limit”.

You can choose to use either 5V or GND, but you need to configure GRBL accordingly. It’s probably best to use GND, and configure GRBL to use a PULLUP on the pin that the other wire is attached to (either D12, A0, or A5). The probe will then be detected as closed when the input on the pin is low.

that vertical row of pins is what i was looking at but cant find any further info on the mapping of them.

thank you for the help Peter i will see what i can do.

@ezcorer I think A0 is what you’re looking for, though there will almost certainly be some firmware modifications that you need to make - there’s a header for A0 in the ‘Extra’ slot and also the vertical row that you referenced - it’s the bottom left pin, with the bottom right pin being the ground. Check here:

https://www.keyestudio.com/new-keyestudio-cnc-grbl-v09-board-for-cnc-laser-engraving-p0351-p0351.html

And here:

That google drive document even has some excerpts from their firmware sketch - That’s where you’ll find your clues more than likely. Granted - it’s firmware for laser engraving but all the pin defs are in there, and your pinout shows you which pin corresponds to which header.

I wish I could help more - I have a keyestudio UNO setup that runs GRBL on another machine (not MPCNC) and I only use it when I absolutely have to. My MPCNC is set up with a RAMPS board and is by far and away easier to deal with.

Why not just zlimit? I don’t know how grbl handles probing, but in Marlin, we just connect to Zmin and home just the Z.

20200116_000306

Winner winner chicken dinner!
I have 4 of these boards, the one on my mpcnc says “servo” on the bottom right but the other 3 say “PROBE” just like the picture.
Thanks Yall!