Kfb 3.0!

i’ve been eyeing this board in the shop for awhile, for that price i’m willing to dive into untested waters. what pushed me to pull the trigger was a culmination of necessity, curiosity and frugality(not necessarily in that order). i also found a few details that intrigued me:

1. it’s pin compatible with ramps at half the height
  2. it uses a 2560 like a real mega (unlike my anet board)
  3. it’s an all in one option that still lets me choose my own drivers (unlike my anet board)
  4. it uses mostly the white locking jst connectors (that i have so many of already!)
  5. dollars. that’s how much i paid for all those pros, and only one con: lack of support

if i have any success in my tinkering i will of course share with the class.
if anyone has any experience with this board, any input would be appreciated, this board may end up powering my MP3DP when i start that, or i have been toying with the idea of having a stand-alone laser engraver and keeping my routing/milling separate. either way it’s an exciting addition to my parts bin!

I had one of these for a little bit just as a curiosity. For $5, it was worth it. It works exactly as you would expect with a standard Ramps firmware load. As for longevity, mine stopped work shortly after I started playing with it. Just wouldn’t show up as a usb device any more and the firmware would longer responded to LCD input as well. Now I’m not saying the one you get will do the same, or that something I might have done wasn’t the cause. But for $5, why not?

my thoughts exactly. i’m a firm believer you get what you pay for, quality-wise, most of the time, so i knew there had to be something like that, or even like a cheapo regulator, but $5? ill take that chance :slight_smile:

Well it sounds like you may even be able to work around a cheap regulator if that is the case. For the money yeah why not lol! Heck, if grbl supported the 1280 I would make a gantry for my old anet board. Something like that would be neat on a small and cheap printed pcb mill for example.

i managed to get marlin on mine, it may still be of some use, but i like the look of this one better :stuck_out_tongue: