Killer Spindle in Nashville

Just finished (for the most part) my lowrider and I managed to pull of some first cuts in mdf yesterday. So far no issues! I used a killer spin ping pong table (hence the name)that I got from the local bargain store for $75. I put some leaf aligners and locks underneath the table to level the two sides up and keep them together.

11 Likes

That is a big LowRider!

I really like the CNC…but sacrificing a ping pong table…how are yo u going to resolve household arguments?

4 Likes

Easy. Park the lowrider in the middle and hang a net over it.
Bonus play: load a gcode program that runs it up and down the table simultaneously with up and down the z.

7 Likes

Yes please!!!

2 Likes

I’m down in Nolensville

Cool I wasn’t sure if anyone in these parts was a part of this forum. I’m actually around Spring Hill. How long have you had one running?

“Running” is such a strong word…

I built an mpcnc back in 2016, but I didn’t do much with it. In late 2019 I decided to do a half-sheet lowrider v2 and actually murdered my my mpcnc when trying to do the lowrider plates, so I ended up cutting the plates by hand using printed templates.

My plan was to then cut new plates with the hobbled together machine and re-assemble it but feed issues and day job stuff put all that on the back burner. The I had a minor catastrophe in the shop and had to re-print one side. Last weekend I got it mostly back together but I haven’t tried cutting anything quite yet.