Kinetech – MPCNC Burly Build

Really? Noctuas inside an enclosure? On a CNC? Yeah, 5 CPU fans are going to be real loud when you’re in the middle of a 5mm DOC cut with dust extraction going… :ear: :rofl: OK, so maybe I’m just jealous… :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

Fans we leftover from another project so they were on hand at the time, I made the boards with 2 inputs just in case there was a need for 2 limit switches on a single axis.

Turns out that was not going to bet the case on this unit so last min I decided that I could mount some fans and power them over the same pins at the board.

The plan is to use this unit to cut soft metals so I have opted to print the rail wipers and a few other upgrades to give it the best chance of doing that job well.

Still need to mount the solenoid for the are nozzle and tidy up a bit.

You really could go crazy with making mods and tweaks to a machine like this (I know I have) but at some point its got to cut. lol

Ohhh… I just noticed the white belts… Those aren’t steel-reinforced belts, are they? You don’t want those. Bad Juju! They’re great for a while, then the steel stresses due to the flexing, and the strands break, and belts stretch, and there’s screaming and cursing… It’s not a pretty sight. I only say this because usually the white belts are steel-reinforced, and the black ones are ye olde fiberglass reinforced kind that handle the repeated flexing and goings around on the pulleys.

1 Like

I appreciate the advice, They are cable belts that I received from one of my vendors who provided me with a pile of belts to try out. These were the only ones of that pile I was able to find this week and will need to do some hunting for the rest of them.