Klipper possible?

Has anyone attempted to run Skipper on an MPCNC? I hear it makes configuration changes a snap, can improve quality on low end boards and if i set up an octopi anyway it would require no additional hardware.

Thoughts?
-Atom

Klipper? It has been done. It seems like a great project, although there may be some growing pains for making it cnc only. In marlin, the biggest thing is disabling the extruder and heaters.

yeah sorry, i was tired last night. but good to know it is a possibility.

1 Like

I have Klipper running perfectly with skr1.4 turbo and K

lipperscreen.

3 Likes

It runs fluidd well too.

1 Like

Excellent, as I abandoned Marlin long ago on my printers in favour of Klipper. Mind sharing you printer.cfg?

Gary,
What CAM (or CAD/CAM) software do you use and can it send the gcode file(s) straight to the MPCNC or do you have to do the ol’ SDcard transfer/shuffle?
So far, from what I can tell with no hardware to test with (…yet), Klipper doesn’t fully support all the gcode commands there are in with CAM/CNC operations vs. 3D printing operations.

Matt

Fusion 360 with the MPCNC post processor seems to work quite well if you enable garcs in Klipper and remove tool changes.

Sorry, but what’s a ‘garc’? Still trying to understand the workflow and the different Software packages/programs that I’ll need or should obtain.

Enable gcode arcs:

G2 and G3 commands are arcs (parts of circles) instead of lines like G1.

Config to enable them:

1 Like