Klipper

Creality just recently started using 32 bit processors. They could easily go back to the 8 bit save a few dollars, and include the PI in the box. They are already selling an octoprint box alternative. And to add insult to injury, there is a remake of the Duet DWC web interface that works with Klipper. The retail cost of the PI is 35$, 20% faster or more and WiFi plus way easier to MOD. It would be a no brainer for a lot of people.

Who really knows. It took RISC 20-30 years to pass CISC.

1 Like

The most important reason to add klipper support is so you can add motors via an extra board of needed. And make gears add 2 more axis. Ect… The ONLY thing the user would need to do is swap the configuration file. And viola you got a different kinematic model.

1 Like

I have Klipper working on LR2 / SKR Pro 1.2 with dual end-stops for Y and a single end-stop for X. Z axis to follow when I solve some end-stop mounting issues.

2 Likes

I have yet to start my LR2 build. (I will purchase the hardware as a reward for finally cleaning out my garage :smiley: ) but I am really interested in the concept of running Klipper as the firmware. Could you also set it up to use a bluetooth controller for manual axis adjustment (a la Onefinity)? I am sure that is not really a limitation of Klipper but I am new to the whole diy firmware thing. I am still running stock everything on my Ender3v2 for crying out loud.

Klipper firmware seems to work OK but I am having problems with the motors stalling. I think that this is a problem with the motors themselves. But I would get started with the standard firmware first before converting to Klipper.

I can’t offer any advice about joysticks as I only use my iPad or another computer to control everything: I run the board without any displays.

1 Like

Hi @jchidley, I know it’s been a while, but would you mind sharing your printer.cfg for klipper? I’d like to see what worked for you to make sure I’m on the right track. Thanks!

Any updates on this? I run klipper on 3 of my printers so this would be somewhat familiar.

Just ordered my hardware kit with skr+TFT today, all parts are printed for my lr3

Take a look at Jelly’s post which give a great walk through on getting Klipper going.

I have a thread too for my build but need to do an update with my latest progress. I have klipper running, homing with dual end stops, and currently working on passing a gcode file to it. I’m just trying to work out either how to use the klipper-cnc macros, or simplify the gcode file I generated with Fusion360 and the flyfisher post processing.

Once I have something working I was going to update my post with what I did.

Hope this helps Cody.

1 Like

Well, here’s a printer.cfg I posted for Klipper a while back - with some basic macros.