Kress spindle - AMB takeover

Just wanted to inform any Europe based people that “AMB Elektrik” has taken over the production line for Kress products. This means the popular Kress 1050 will soon no longer be purchasable and is replaced by the AMB 1050.

The Kress had a red / light gray housing, the AMB is black. Otherwise, the shape should be identical, so the same tool mounts should fit.

Aside from lower watt versions, the 1050 watt comes in 2 versions:

AMB 1050 FME-1
AMB 1050 FME-P

These are exactly the same models Kress had, where the FME-P takes ER16 collets instead of Kress collets and has a bit stiffer body (runout of max 0.01 mm guaranteed), while the FME-1 has a runout of max 0.015mm. The FME-1 is the more popular model, used on lots of CNCs (MPCNC or other). For the Kress, the FME-1 was running at about €200, while the FME-P was around €70-80 more. I expect AMB to have similar prices.

Warranty / replacement parts for Kress still apply, as the AMB parts should be 100% compatible.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a good MPCNC spindle in Europe. Please note I do not own one (yet), but just wanted to share this information. I will be getting an AMB 1050 FME-1 soon for my MPCNC build.

1 Like

Those seem like quality tools, I would love to see aVe tear one down. They are not easy to come by in the states and we don’t have anything similar. If the price tag doesn’t bug you they do seem pretty ideal.

Did you ever buy the spindle? I am contemplating getting an AMB 1400 FME-P DI 230V. I’d love to be able to control the spindle with Estlcam so I can’t fuck up the RPM any more. :smiley:

Yeah, I did actually buy the Kress 1050 FME-P, didn’t wait around for the AMB branded version. Haven’t used it too much, but has always been good.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I don’t think the branding matters. :smiley: Did you have any problems with the mount? There is one for the Primo on Printables, for the LowRider it does not look to good yet. :frowning:

I believe I’m using a Kress mount I found on Thingiverse back then, which works great. Maybe you can alter existing mounts to fit the LowRider? And of course share it with the community, if possible.

1 Like