Laser cut gift #6: signs

I’ve made around ten signs since I purchased my laser module, and have an additional half dozen in process. I use inexpensive materials like hardboard, plywood underlayment, poster board, EVA foam, and the like. These are the three I completed for Christmas.

This sign is based on the badges the studio created when it made Orson Scott Card’s “Enders Game” into a movie.

This design based on images from Attack on Titan.

And obviously this one is from Doom. Note how the chainsaw chain is installed backwards. That is how it was in the images I pulled from the Doom Wiki. Having spent a lot of time using a chainsaw, and having a mechanical bent, it was hard not to “fix” the problem, but I didn’t know if this was intentional or perhaps some sort of inside joke. In the end, I just left it.

13 Likes

There was an interview with someone (a male singer, Weezer, maybe?) about covering songs from women artists when the song is about being in love with a man. He struggled with changing the song, but decided he needed to be true to the song, even if it meant he was gay for 3 minutes.

I don’t know the story of the chainsaw, but you have to be true to the original if you’re going to be covering someone’s art. I think you made the right choice.

Anyway, it looks great.

7 Likes