Laseretch Sizing Issue

Good morning folks… So im working with laseretch from Jtech photonics. good little package.
However When i save a picture as a BMP in mspaint it is 10 inches by 10 inches.
however when i import it in to laseretch it shrinks to 1/10th of that, and there is no way to scale in laseretch.
any ideas>?
thanks

Hi Ryan LB, I just created a drawing in paint and opened it at the correct size in LaserEtch. You’re probably doing all this, but just in case, here’s what I did.

1. Set the image size: go into properties, set units to inches, and enter 10 by 10.
  2. Make your drawing as big as the canvas.
  3. Save as BMP.
  4. Open BMP in LaserEtch.

If you still have problems after verifying all that, can you zip and attach the picture you’re working with?

Karl

this is what jay from jtech said in an email.
its a bit hard to follow haha

Using laser etch it all has to do with pixels. Your pixel size in laser etch is your laser spot size. It is set in the “travel per pixel” setting in laser etch. It defaults to 0.1mm. You probably can bump this up to 0.2mm and you will notice your size of your image is now 180mm.

You need to focus on your final engraved image size because that is what you are going for.

Example:

Your image you start with is 10” x 10” and your resolution is 72 pixels per inch.
Your Travel per Pixel is set to 0.008” *(this is 0.2mm in inches).
You will get an final image of:
720 * 0.008” = 5.76” x 5.76”

If you want the final image to be 10” x 10” as well, then you need to start with an image that is 17.36” x 17.36” at 72 pix/inch. ( (10” / 0.008”) / 72) )

You have to use the “travel per pixel” size because that is your size you are drawing with. If this number is too big, then you will see “lines” in your engraving. If it is too small, you will “overlap” your engraving.