LCD flickering and does other weird stuff

Just got my ramps 1.6 connected and runs not quit as it should be…

I uploaded marlin to my ramps board and connect my LCD and 1 stepper motor to the X-axis to test.

This happened:

• Power 12V to the ramps board: LCD lights up but no menu on the screen.
  • Power 5V (USB) to the mega: LCD shows menu but my screen keeps flickering and I see all sort of weird stuff through the picture of my menu screen. (it seems like it
  • Power 12V and USB connect: Same as with 5V power

My screen only seems to work when i power up my 5V USB connection and it gets weird pixels through the normal menu…

When I power up both, I can move my X-axis manually but only with my LCD not with repetier-host.
The LCD is and Full Graphic Smart Controller.

Sorry for the confused explanation. I hope you guys can get me an answer.

Thanks in advance!

Can we see a picture of the boards hooked up?

Sure.

Now I can not connect to my mega board anymore and the LCD just lights up a blue screen…

What do you think? Bad mega board? Bad Ramps board? Or bad LCD?

New thing now: I cannot get any connection with my arduino MEGA board.

I will test it with a simple program.

Sorry for all the troubles…

Arduino mega board has connection. How can I test the ramps 1.6?

Last time I post a new thing… (I hope). Finally got the marlin firmware on my mega board.

When I got the 12V in the ramps I got only light on my display.
5V on the mega got the lcd works but flickering (see picture).
5V and 12V same time (I know, weird…) Got it working but screen is flickering.

Another weird thing: It only works with repetier host. With Estlcam, the LCD beeps and everything blocks. After that, it don’t wanna start again…
I need to reupload the code to have it working again…

Sorry guys, it’s a strange thing but i guess you have to see it as a challenge :smiley:

These delays got smaller at some point after 2.0. You can follow the instructions there, but basically you just need those as small as possible, while still fixing the problem.

I would call this “screen tearing” but I’ve also seen it called “garbled”. It looks like the rows of the display aren’t lining up right.

@jeffeb3: Thank you very much! That helped for the LCD problem.

Do you also think you know what can be wrong with EstlCam?
Now I make my Gcode with EstlCam and send it to arduino with RepetierHost so it’s not a huge problem but it would be nice if I can do everything with EstlCam.

That is how Estlcam works now. It cant be used for controlling except with proprietary hardware or arduino uno based systems

1 Like

Ok, sorry, didn’t know that. Problem solved. Thank you very much everyone.

1 Like