LCD operating instructions?

I have looked through the documentation but i cant get the LCD to do anything but change the feedrate when I turn the knob. I am able to control the miniRambo manually through the USB and Repetier but when I connected the LCD I see the Lowrider logo and the correct cnc is ready but that’s it.

I am using kit parts purchased from Ryan. I tried to press in the blue knob to see if it clicks but it doesn’t and I don’t know if it is supposed to. So I am left rotating it which just changes the FR value on the screen.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Dan

Here are a couple video for more details showing the LCD boot up and the manual movement from the PC over USB.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1rryTVswD2uoZWpd9

Thanks,

Dan

Push the knob like a button.

1 Like

The knob on my LCD was pushed all the way down so it would not do anything when pushed. I just pulled it up a little and then it would work properly as a switch.

1 Like

Dakota Jim,

That was the problem the knob was pushed down so far it couldn’t indent!

I tried yanking on mine pretty hard and it still won’t come out far enough to push down…am I missing something? I don’t wanna tear my board apart.

It’s not that you have to pull up as much as you need to have something wedged between the bottom of the board and the case. Something non conductive. My problem was that the bottom of the knob was hitting the top of the case and the whole board was being pushed down inside the case instead of the knob switch activating if that makes sense.

I had this problem with the original lcd screen.

Dan

2 Likes

Bingo, fixed it!

Thanks for your help!

1 Like