LCD Question

I can’t seem to find the answer to this: Does the LCD card get loaded through the USB connector on the Rambo or do I need an adaptor to load the card from my laptop and then insert it into the LCD as I do with my printer?

Same as printer

1 Like

Thanks, I wasn’t sure.

Hopefully not like my printer which has a micro-SD card whose slot is currently kaput. From what I gather searching around a not uncommon problem with the micro cards.

This is what i use then I can get at the card with out gymnastics they come in all card sizes so check before you order.

Thanks, but the problem I’m having is the card is one of those you push in and it locks, pushing in again releases it, not sure if that would work any better as the problem appears to be with the slot and not the card.

The card came with a driver loaded onto it to allow connecting a laptop to the printer via USB cable but it was erased when I was forced to reformat the card. I’m waiting for the somewhat sluggish customer support to send me a link or file containing that driver, at least until the new motherboard they tell me is on the way arrives which given virus era shipping may/may not arrive during my lifetime.

The good news is my MPCNC is alive so I can use the time to study Estlcam, lots to learn there, as well as get some foam to learn by cutting. And given I’d like to keep the machine in a spare room it’s time to plan/build an enclosure which will likely be easier than air conditioning the garage.

1 Like

Windows can usually detect and find And install the drivers for it. If not you should be able to download them without waiting on anyone. Just Google it.

Thanks, I’d tried searching with no joy but no worries, just checked Email and the link is there. Don’t really have anything major I want to print but I want to start work on an MPCNC enclosure and the printer comes in very handy for things like making brackets to hold the power supply, cable hold down clips, etc., a lot easier than running to the store every time I need something.

2 Likes