Leeches?

Not the least petty. You have placed items out there and like several others now you’re finding leeches. It appears to be spreading and it sucks because it will ultimately kill off the openness we enjoy with Thingiverse and other sites. These sites have allowed me to quickly find files I can learn with and garner ideas from. It sucks that individuals want that to go away for greed. In the end nobody will post stuff and they wont make any money. Leeching is a lose/lose proposition. Sorry it has to be really frustrating givent he time you have in especially.

DL

He would have been walking a fine line if he did sell it as his ‘own’…since its mostly 3D printed and we all know not everything that is 3D printed will stand the test of time. We build these machines because most of us have our own printer or know someone who does, so if something breaks we can just print a new piece. Not exactly something someone who bought it on eBay could do…so yeah he is walking a fine line and would ultimately doom himself with complaints from people who can’t get it working or break something when they put it together.

I was more worried about that than the money thing. I didn’t want this goofballs design to damage the image of the machine in any way. Poor parts would give this a bad reputation and the uninformed wouldn’t know that it wasn’t mine, or my infill recommendations or whatever. So many ways this could cause a bad outcome for me and zero ways this could help.

Anyone speak Spanish (I think)?

Got another leech. He sold two of my kits now and has just listed 3 more.

I asked the company to take it don they said I have to prove ownership by filling out a form they sent me that seems corrupt, at least I can’t get it to open in google sheets. I asked them to have him prove he owns it, they said they wouldbe happy to talk to my lawyer about it.

He has taken the images from my site and thingiverse and I linked the company to both and the license it is released under (non commercial) they said they is not proof of ownership please send in the form or have your lawyer contact us.

Here are the current links if you all have any ideas, https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/anybody-speak-this-language/#post-22233

I can try to get my sister to look at this she is a law firm English-Spanish-English document translator. Might take me a day to get her.

What do you want to know about it?

Where is this yahoo located? If it’s Chile I might be able to find some of her in laws to have a chat with them, meh it’s a big long country…

Argentina is where it looks like to me.

Not that it will do much. But do you have a lawer? It could help when you get local leeches. There isn’t much you can do about someone in some other country selling your machine.

Have you tried watermarking your photos? Possible any photo of the machine that is loaded on the forum. I’m sure users here would understand the need for it. It would be great if they are using paths from this site to theirs for their photos, because then you could water mark them and it would change on their site as well.

1 Like

Some mildly interesting drama about eBay and cc licences:

Seems this leech sued thingiverse (and somehow won?) for defaming his business. He actually won $12k. How bizarre. I wonder why it was in the Philidelphia municipality, like is it a random one, or is it where one of the businesses operates.

2 Likes

I just watched that and have been reading through the comments to see if there were any updates or more information. The only thing I saw was, maybe those companies didn’t bother to show up so loss by default?

I have no idea But I am super stoked he made this video to keep as many eyes on this dude as possible. Sounds like he has a lawyer in the family and just won’t quit.

I met a restaurant owner a few years back (My friend was rebuilding a few bathrooms in my neighborhood), lost a lawsuit about his bathroom ADA compliance. Turns out the same lawyer hit every little spot on the whole strip. Then a few years later I guess when the laws changed they all got hit again. Same Lawyer and same dude.

This whole thing obviously infuriates me. I have seen a few brand new builds recently with all of my really old parts, so I know someone is out there selling them. I can only assume they think they are getting around something because the parts are not the current revision, they are not. I have asked these people privately why they used two year old parts and the few that did respond said they downloaded them a long time ago (What?!
)…BS

Again…

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-566793104-planos-para-construccion-de-cnc-baratisima-_JM

Using my original assembly pics. Sh*t bag has sold some as well. I need to know where that guide is linked to. He isn’t selling parts…dam these dudes piss me off.

Wow. Not even printing the parts, just selling the instructions and STLs. Can you tell if it’s the same person?

It looks like a different guy. Mercado libre and youtube took down the offending stuff in under an hour. I am pretty surprised. Facebook is a little different. I think he took that stuff down as soon as I commented.

Sure enough getting questions about old parts… again. I just can’t imagine downloading someone elses stuff, re-uploading it and expecting not to get caught.

n/m getting caught. I can’t believe someone would rip off the customer like that. $200 for the pdfs and stl files. And add on top that you didn’t even generate them! That price for just information is crazy, and it’s not even their information to sell! Add to that the fact that they aren’t going to support it after the fact… Bizarre.

If it’s gets converted its about $10. If not. Fing crazy that people would pay.

Maybe I should do a listing on ebay and mercado. $10 and it the first line of the description just link the site… Free advertising.

That’s not a bad idea. I wonder what happens if you have an item that never sells (or if it does, always gets returned).

I think I might start selling PDFs of this: Arbitrage - Wikipedia

I had a friend selling vintage bottles of dom perignon on ebay. There is a loop hole to be able to sell collectors bottles of booze more than a certain number of years old. The trick was they sold them for a premium of the price they were buying them from costco, so they kept no inventory. Ebay has some seriously creative people probably making a less than a dollar per transaction, but making tons of transactions. The good prices for ebay don’t start until 10k+ transactions a month if I remember right.

I just found a comment from him a year ago on a video of mine.

“Very good, friend, One question, could you send me the model 3D (in inventor or solidworks format) of your work?, I wanna check the “area of cut” with a tubes of 1500mm of long. Have nice day and thank you for sharing :)” “Thank you friend, but I wish edit the 3dprint-CNC machine for use bearing 625zz :slight_smile: (more inexpensive)”

The whole time this little scammer was trying to sell it as his own. I am much less inclined to give out any CAD now…

Crap they are like flees.

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-598703945-cnc-corte-y-grabado-_JM

It piss me off that this is still up for sale, so I added a comment on the ad. Apparently he is removing it now, but we’ll see…

[attachment file=68308]