Let the game begin. Smallest (?) LR3 build

I’m building, maybe, the smallest form factor LR3 with 24" x 27". I know, I could build a PRIMO with that size, but damn, the LR3 looks pretty sexy, and I would like to be able to resize it in case I needed.

Printing settings: Nozzle 0.5mm, height 0.4mm, width: 0.9, 2-3perimeters.
Hardware: MKS Gen L 2.1 and 0.8kw Spindle

PS: a suggestion for @Ryan , if you could be explicitly in the documentation about the YZ plates not fitting a “regular print” that would be good. Nevertheless, thank you for such an amazing project.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see your build.

Not sure what you mean? It is designed as a milled part , not printed.

1 Like

I almost turned my 12x24 primo table into a lr3 for grins and giggles since I’d be able to reuse nearly all the parts on an eventual full sheet build anyway, but it turned out my diode could make me money by just hanging it off the primo instead.
Can’t wait to see how this performs.

2 Likes

Ok, so I have a small problem. Shipping costs for the YZ plates are unviable to my country and I do not have a CNC to mill this part nor any person that could do it by hand. In addition, my Ender 3 has a small area to print this part in the original position. So… I found a way to fit on my printer… changing its orientation to the vertical/diagonal position. Do you guys, think it will work? This would be used temporally, only to mount the LR and so I can mill this part by myself.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Maybe?

You would really need to see how it prints, with supports to pull that off.

I would suggest cutting it in to two parts that fit on your bed instead of that.

1 Like

Ok, thank you Ryan!

Hi

I cut the part in 2 pieces and printed them.I can send the STL if you want

1 Like

hey man I printed both of mine that way and they did just fine. first try. good luck man good luck

2 Likes

Thank you. I ended up milling it in MDF

2 Likes

Almost there… and it is pretty exciting! Crown test done!

Some difficulties I found and expect to assist others:

1. If your YZ plate is thicker than 12mm remember to “open” the slot for the the leadscrew nut.
  2. If possible, attach the endstop from the beginning
  3. Buy the kit! It would be easier, it wasn’t possible for me due to shipping costs, but I ended buying some wrong stuff and to customize some pieces.
4 Likes