Let's see your shop

There are 5 or 6 storage bins back there with projects waiting for their day to shine. One has all the parts to get the lathe operational. Another is full of pvc pipe joints for a video car sim racing pod. I know their day will come.

1 Like

I have no.place for that stuff to be safe till it’s time.so things get robbed and broken or borrowed I envy you for that

I like the table saw. Craftsman 113, from about the 50s? Looks like it is well cared for. Great cabinet built around it too.

Thanks for sharing. Very nice shop space.

I’m jealous of the dust collection, I’ve been hooking some up this year, but really it’s just the table saw, and a drop for me to manually vacuum around the CNC

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Saw is mid 50’s and was free off Craigslist. Watched it for a couple of weeks dropping from $50 to $25 then “ someone please take this.” Took some time with sandpaper and WD 40 to clean up the top but bearings an trunnions and all were fine. New link belt and it passes the nickel test.

One of the cardboard boxes keeping me from getting to that lumber cart is a Wynn pleated filter. And another item back in purgatory is an old furnace fan for an air scrubber.

I plan to build an air scrubber with my old furnace fan as well!

I like how Tom has most things on locking casters.

I think I win the “smallest shop” contest:

(it’s an old small chicken coop, the only insulated room in our shed. And yes - I plan to fix the wires and an electronics case!)

Luckily, I have access to a bigger shop in the neighborhood, run by a “traditional boats and handcraft club”. It smells of pine tar and the sea there, a lovely place:

12 Likes

Another pic from our club:

We have many boat houses, a “fishermans shed”, a smithy and the workshop. The pride of the association is the 44 feet long traditional wooden boat Salarøy. These boats are decending from the viking ships, and were in use until the motorized and industrially made (plastic) boats became common last century. Luckily for this tradition, the last builders were able to document their trade and to teach new builders - so that this way of building and using boats didn’t die out - as it did on most coastal societies - when industrialization changed everything.

Here is a nice vid about the boat and the association:

6 Likes

Making the most of my small two car garage, always looking for new tools to stuff in here.

4 Likes

Pro tip: You’ll have more space if you put the vehicle outside

2 Likes

Yea, but he’s parking vehicles under vehicles, so that’s a plus.

4 Likes

Made enough noise and dust in the basement that I convinced - or was told that maybe I should get a shed. So 12x24 outdoor non-heated, hence the propane. Like any shop it’s a work in progress, have to take the bicycles and push mower out for maximum space. My helper likes to empty my scrap bucket for chew toys.

7 Likes

Very dedicated helper! :grin:

Labradoodle?

He’s a mini (45 pound) golden doodle. He loves to stand on your chest and drop a toy on your head to wake you up. Usually it’s the hardest bone he can find.

1 Like

:grin:

I have friends who have a Labradoodle the same color and who actually looks identical. Great dog! I usually refer to him as PsychoPuppy or Whack-A-Doodle but if this dog can’t lift your spirits you may be beyond hope.

I’ve actually been thinking about a GoldenDoodle, I love Goldens but their vulnerability to cancer is a bit scary, the hybridization seems to take that away and the intelligence of Poodles sure doesn’t hurt.

Make no mistake, it’s hilarious when you’re not the one it’s happening to. Part of the bedtime routine is to hide all the hard toys so the worst you get is a stuffed animal shoved in your face. Or wake up before he does, which I think is his ultimate goal.

Now if I could only figure out why advancing age seems to make that its goal. :scream:

That is a good sized shop.

You must be better at darts than I am. I would hit that computer on the first try.

I keep forgetting to take the dartboard out to the garage… your picture reminded me to do that :slight_smile: