Let's try another guitar body

Lots of things learned from the first failed attempt.

I managed to get the frame square and level, the z axis square, and did a 20x25 rectangle with a pen and it was within my tolerances of measuring.

On to the “first” official guitar project on this. I ser up my gopro in time lapse mode hopefully it works.

3 Likes

The gopro picture is a screenshot, not a video. :sob:

Fingers crossed.

The first one worked right, just a small goof somewhere? You didn’t have to scrap it did you?

Yeah, I think it is still in progress, and the timelapse is coming later.

It worked but my y axis was 1/8in out of square which turned into 1/4 total offset between the rear machining and the front. It’s not scrapped, just cant be used as a guitar because everything is misaligned. It looks good, until you attach the neck and see how crooked it is.

Going to put it in a shadow box for my wall.

Ywah just a screenshot. It’s still running the facing gcode. Nothing exciting to post yet

3 Likes

Whoa, that looks good though!

Oh wow! Yeah that is going to make an amazing guitar! Too bad the first one won’t work because it sure looks pro!

Throwing chips.

2 Likes

Well the timelapse didnt work out. Too many photos not enough card. I’ll work on that since I am cutting 2 of these.
Back side done. Flipped and the 4 pins lined up perfectly this time, I have high Hope’s.

2 Likes

I am super excited to see it. Take your time, double check everything.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but the last step when I went to start it, I’m getting electrical interference on the y steppers when I move the knob or click on the control box.

It sounds like the stepper is moving but it seems it’s just chattering in place. At least i hope it didnt move or this will be out of wack.

That sounds like you might have a loose wire on that motor.

Not sure where. All connections are taped up completely and nothing has moved at the control box.

Its effecting both steppers on the y axis, I would think that would have to be something at the board end?

It broke through this morning and happy to say that this one stayed aligned. Woohoo

6 Likes

Yeah buddy! Gonna get it sanded up tonight and load blank #2

9 Likes

Heck yes!

Not bad for hardwood flooring scraps

8 Likes

:grimacing:

No way! Nice work. I thought for sure it was toast. It looks awesome.

That is too awesome! :metal:

Would you mind sharing a few more details about your project? i.e. CAM software? bit(s) used? How exactly you indexed it when flipping the blank over to carve the 2nd side?, etc. Sure would help a newb with a snazzy new V1 machine and similar aspirations of guitar glory.

I can only give my own newbie advice.

I used fusion360. Cut 4 alignment pins in the waste board and then cut those same pins on the 1st side. Flip it and install wooden dowels to align.

2 Likes