Looking for ramps board firmware

Hey all, almost got my mpcnc finished and am looking for a bit of help on the controller side of things, i found this board, from an old tevo tarantula 3d printer i gutted a couple years ago in a box, and was hoping i could flash it to work with the mpcnc, it is an mks base v1.4 board, and i was told it is a ramps board, so it should work if i can get it configured correctly, also if anyone could point me to a bigger screen that would work with this it would be great. thanks in advance

1 Like

For anyone looking to help Dane, this is a MKS Base 1.4 board. It has built-inTMC2130 drivers. It is a Ramps “replacement” board.

Someone may have configuration.h and configuration_adv.h you need. If you need to do it yourself instead, I would:

• Install PlatformIO
  • Get PlatformIO compiling the firmware V1 maintains for the V1CNC_Ramps_Dual
  • Change the MOTHERBOARD define to match your board
  • Change the drivers to TMC2130
  • Compile and see what happens.

The MOTHERBOARD define is in configuration.h and should be changed to BOARD_MKS_BASE_14

See the “Stepper Drivers” section of configuration.h to set the stepper drivers. What I don’t know is how to set the current for the TMC2130 in the firmware, so there is a bit of research to do there.

1 Like

I’ve got a working config for GRBL, Ramps, 16microstep stepsticks, for a primo w/dual endstops. I’m not sure if that board can run the 2130’s in standalone mode or not. I am also not sure if GRBL primo dual endstops fits your needs. If the answer to both is yes, let me know and I’ll upload it.

Hey man, that would be great to have if you wouldnt mind

Here are all of my files that can be used to build in Arduino: trugPrimGrblEnducross.zip (180.5 KB)

It is based on the enducross branch of GRBL Mega 5x:

[edit: As always, do testing carefully. There will probably be a few config items that need modification to get it working properly. The files I modified include: config.h, defaults.h, and cpu_map.h.

thanks a bunch lol i really have no knowledge with this but ill give it a shot

I normally don’t share firmware files, but if you don’t know arduino or similar… it may just work (but you still have to flash it to your board, and reverse motors with wires etc):
grblUpload.ino.zip (36.7 KB)

This comes with the usual disclaimers… neither I nor Ryan take any responsibility for any issues that come from flashing firmware. I have not tested on your exact board, just a Ramps 1.4. Please do read any comments I may have put in those three files I mentioned. (comments start with //, if I’m not lazy I usually append trug to lines I edit)