Looking for someone in the Virginia, Beach area

To start I am super new to CNC and dabble with my 3D printer.

I recently bought a MPCNC, beautiful set up. I have down the crown and it turned out great. Now the Z depth regardless of various g codes I can not get a consistent depth and during the cut it even varies going from super deep on the. To shallow.

I am looking to see if there is anyone in the Virginia Beach area that is will or I could pay to come and help me out. I am a hands on learner and for months I have not been able to figure it out.

Obviously most people will be too far away to help, but post some photos of your setup and jobs where things have gone wrong. Whilst it may be a mystery to you (and probably me) what’s going on, there are some very knowledgeable people here who will be able to spot the problem in a flash.

1 Like

And double check your speeds. You can get that type of error when it’s trying to move Z too fast.

May I suggest that you post a video of the machine in action. Especially as it is cutting and moving the Z axis.

Most of the time that I have seen Z axis going crazy was the result of a loose coupler (grub screw). So the motor would turn but the threaded lead screw would not.

Seen it in videos here in the forums and seen these guys point it out. Let them see and hear the machine in action and they will help you out.