Loose Core

Been awhile since my last post but I’ve an issue with my Core being very loose. I’ve taken it apart and put it back together a few times but it still doesn’t help. These Primo parts were all bought through V1 about a year ago.

I’ve got a small vid:

I hope it posts as this is my first YouTube vid. Let me know where to start with what pics you might need.

Thanks all

@Anoobis I had a similar issue around a month ago. Turned out that one of my core clamps had cracked allowing the Core to float. Your video shows motion on both sides so I would check all 4.

If all are good you may just need to re-tighten the bolts. Things tend to loosen up a bit with use especially in the beginning.

2 Likes

Definetly check the 4 core clamps, you could see them allowing movement around the gantry rails and there should be zero.

While I had printed my own core, I also ran into this same issue (my mistake in that case).

Regardless of the origin, I was able to take up the error by wrapping some aluminum tape around my conduit. Maybe give that a try?

Hey guys. Thanks for the suggestions and info. I’m sorry to say that I haven’t had a chance to pull the clamps off yet. I’ve been just too busy to get to messing around with it yet but I will.

Just wanted to say thanks and that I will let you guys know what I find out.

Ok, I had a chance to inspect my clamps but didn’t find any issues with them. I put them back together and tightened them up a lot more than I previously had them. It helps but they still seem loose to me. I posted another video. Thanks all.

1 Like

This is an odd one when it happens.

Try taking the clamps off. Thread the clamp bolts all the way in and keep going to make sure they spin “freely” in the holes in the core (to make sure they have room and not tweaking to a weird angle on print debris). Then without the XY rails or having the clamps in the core clamp the tension bolts down pretty far on the bearing, then bolt the core clamps on the core. Take the tension bolts back out and put the rails in then follow the directions as normal to tension them.

This put them on tighter than usual. I have no idea why this happens but it does once and a while.

In the video you are WAY loose. Spin each bearing with your finger to find the free spinning ones. Every bearing should touch the rail. You have big gaps.