Loose fit of screws on endstops and lead screw nut

I found two places where screws from the kit do not properly fit into my self-printed parts :

1. A screw on the endstops (the outer one) does not have enough material to hold it in place (the other one is okay)
  2. The 4 screws holding the lead screw nut in the core barely touch the walls of the whole.

I don’t think this is an issue with the endstops, but what about the forces that act on the nut even gravity is working in my favor?

If you agree that this needs a fix, what is your opinion on heat set inserts to save the core?

The screws for the lead screw nut are only there to keep it from spinning. You really only need two.

1 Like

Odd, you might want to check if your slicer has any of the fancy hole compensations turned on.

No neither should be an issue. You can use a drop of loctite or glue in the holes. I am really starting to like loctite for loose holes. It takes a while to dry but I like that it tends to be a but more hold than even superglue.

The nut screws really do not even need to be tight, gravity does all the work.

Thanks for your reply.

This is good news, but I will invest in some loctite nevertheless.

All other holes where okay. I use the Creality Slicer 4.2.1 based on Cura. I will have a look at the settings, but it is totally possible that the flow at the end of the print was just not optimal anymore.

I had the same problem in both places…maybe a calibration issue with my 3D printer, though tests say it is dialed in. My fix was to use a bit of thick CA glue and spread it on the sides of each hole with a toothpick. I did two rounds waiting for the glue to be fully cured between rounds, then self tapped the screws.