Loss Step

Hello everyone today I finally mounted a serious tool _ Makita! :slight_smile:

Now I can finally set up well for the mpcnc, in first I have two questions to ask you about the loss of steps.

How to configure and control the use ESTLCAM machine directly, even to pilot it and the steps per mm I have them setup as for a classic printer …correct? (example x160 y160 z5120 - on pololu 8825)

Second, I have a loss of steps, blame the attribute to vref of drivers too low, you want the ramps to the completely set?
The loss of steps the meeting only in the x and y sometimes while z is obviously impeccable.

I await your kind help;)

While you are learning it is best to stick with my recommended software/firmware.

There is a lot to learn best to not complicate in more than necessary.

you’re right Ryan before I had indeed Marlin but I wanted to try … but given these initial difficulties reloading tonight fw and your end … shame though because I repetier host not like :slight_smile:

You don’t have to use repetier, you can use pronterface, matter control, the lcd screen. Lots of options.

I really just thinks its best you learn on the most common firmware so everyone can help, I can’t help with estlcam firmware issues at all.

Meanwhile, thanks for the help Ryan. ISPs now to resume the classic fw and so look to solve more easily. unfortunately my English is so bad it’s hard sometimes to explain to me and make me understand LOL

I believe that the losses of steps and that millimeter that reduces me pezzo…invece that 50mm is 49 … is due to accelerations and frantic movement. in addition to vref that are now 0.66 on each axis

Awesome!
I admit my ignorance … I did not know of the existence of matter control!
It looks really nice …

However, the suggestion of the full graphic display tempts me a lot …

Why ??
I can not compile the fw without display with bars of 8mm preconfigured …

`In file included from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,

from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\cardreader.h:8,

from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:44:

SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’

struct fpos_t {

^

In file included from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

from C:\Users\MANUEL\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_759677\sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdio.h:950:33: note: ‘fpos_t’ has a previous declaration here

extension typedef long long fpos_t;

^

Uso la libreria LiquidCrystal alla versione 1.0.5 nella cartella: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal
exit status 1
using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’

That firmware does not work with the new arduino IDE. You have to sets the steps of a newer firmware or use an older version of arduino.

I confirm that the pre compiled versions are already tested and are those who advise me to use? drain immediately an old version of Arduino

Thanks Ryan

Manuel

The best choice would be to take my RC7 and update the z axis stepps per mm. If that makes you nervous just use an oleder version of the arduino IDE to flash my other version of the firmware.

As soon RC8 stabalizes a bit I will update all versions of the firmware. There are a lot of nice new features and tweaks but they are updating it at a fast pace so it would be a waste for me now every time I get done testing there are new updates and it starts again.

no no change the fw is not a problem. I do rather have a base of already tested acceleration and speed because they are things that until now I have struggled to find the right ones. step per mm know them 160,160,5120 memory;)

Now I have the last ide then load RC7 can compile in the IDE without problems or errors

@vicious1
I can use the tablet to send the code to be executed?

obviously connected with OTG

I think arduino works on most operating systems. If arduino runs on it it should work.

I would then look for a gcoder sender on Android …
Now I try to see what else is on the network

Gcode? Gcode is for operating the machine, arduino is if programming the Ramps firmware.

I’m not sure what we are talking about now.

It is we have not understood sorry… with Arduino load the FW on the ramps and is ok. the tablet was wondering if you can be an alternative to those you have given me to control the cnc (lcd, matter control etc …)

For For android, I’m sorry I do not know. I have not looked into that in a long time.

I do not think it is a good Idea, I’m pretty sure android would always want to go into a low power mode and probably stop sending gcode.

Then use the “classic way” -> laptop! :slight_smile:

Mattercontrol has a tablet they use for this. I have one, it’s not very good. It will crap out in the middle of larger prints.

I found 2 apps that seem to be an alternative to Matter.
3D Print Fox and GcodePrintr … you know them?