Lots of interest...in sandwichs

I am also a lover of sandwiches. The best one I have had is at a place called B&D deli in Brookline Massachusetts. Ruben with curly fries and a chocolate shake. I’m a pretty basic guy. I’m about to anger the sandwich Gods. Roast beef, onions, lettuce, hot peppers and ketchup or tuna with lettuce, onions, and provolone (sometimes mustard if they use plochmans)

As for the pickels. I like to get the zesty dill and drop in Diced habanero pepper to pump up the heat

1 Like

Not a big fan of sandwiches anymore tbh… Grew up eating those things Every day in school. After I graduated HS, I pretty much stopped eating them.

If I do have a sandwich now, it has to be done all out. Dijon mustard, real mayo, swiss, roast beef, lettuce, tomato, onion. Mayo goes next to the salad, mustard goes next to the meat.

That’s not to say that a good grilled cheese or PB and J with crunchy PB doesn’t get me by every so often throughout the week.

1 Like

Human motivation is a strange thing. I have problems sometimes where I consciously know I need to do something, but I have a mental block of some kind where I seem physically unable to actually do it. It feels like it’s not just procrastination but something different. (Maybe I need a therapist.)

But in general I am easily motivated by things that are challenging or if I have never done something before. Once I do something once, it is then a solved problem, and it loses almost all of its appeal to repeat multiple times.

I have tried to ‘game’ my motivation by reframing a boring task as a novel one, but it usually doesn’t work. :stuck_out_tongue: So I’m afraid I don’t have any advice.

But I also like sandwiches, so there’s that.

2 Likes

I’m not good at dividing my attention. Once I get started I would rather work 24 hours straight, instead of a few hours here a few hours there.

And I think I am the same way. I am willing to build A chair, but a set of 6…nope go buy them.

I’m pretty much the same way, Jamie. I battle, too, with knowing something needs to be done… but seem powerless to do anything about it; i.e. kinda like seeing the bullet that’s about to hit me between the eyes but being physically unable to get out of the way…

I find that I seem to need to be building something, or building it in a different way… to stay motivated. Once I’ve built it up to a point that my curiosity is satisfied, I then have a difficult time keeping up enough interest in doing stuff with it. That’s also why I rarely ever really finish anything. I’ll then start spending hours in my recliner, watching old movies, and mindlessly rummaging through forum posts… until someone offers up an idea or something that piques my interest. If/when the juices begin to flow… that’s when I’ll get off my butt and start playing again…

I also like a good sandwich… but am unfortunately not creative/energetic enough to spend more than a couple of minutes building it!

– David

1 Like

Just bought my recliner and it will go from standing on my head to standing on my feet in 3 min :sleeping: if I keep my finger on the button :grinning: big improvement in the feet and ankles

Anyone enjoy making fun shaped PB&Js? (Technically, this is sun butter, we have a peanut allergy in the house). This is a rocket ship shape.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Thats a bad picture, you can’t see the third fin.

5 Likes

Sadly my children don’t like peanut(or any nut)butter and jelly sandwiches. My boy is a fan of ham and bologna with mayo and cheese. The girl doesn’t like any processed meat. She like cream cheese between bread…not what I would call a sandwich

1 Like

Weird my wife an BIL won’t eat cream cheese a British English thing I guess but Spam is horrifying to me so to each your own

1 Like