I just finished assembling a Cyclone Dust Collector that I found on Thingiverse. It’s essentially a Dust Deputy clone that is printable.
This thing isn’t a print for the faint of heart, since it comes in three pieces (plus the inlet/outlet pieces) and has to be glued or epoxied together if you don’t have a 3D printer with a tall Z axis. To give you an idea of what to expect, I used my little Chinese Prusa clone and it took me about 30 hours to print at 45mm/s.
I epoxied the three pieces together, cut out a plywood support ring with my MPCNC and screwed it to a 5 gallon bucket lid with some M6 bolts and nuts. I was going to wait 24 hours to test it since the epoxy is supposed to cure for a day, but ain’t nobody got time for that. It appears to work! I vacuumed up some sawdust from cutting the plywood ring and there is sawdust in the bucket. I will do a more thorough test after I clean out my shop vac tomorrow.
Veni, vidi, vici!
3-Piece Cyclone STLs:http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2104717
1 Piece Cyclone STLs (if you have a really tall printer):http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2018105
Parametric Vacuum Attachment Scad: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1285949
Plywood Ring: See attached file(s); I used 1/2 inch plywood.
CycloneLidRing_021917.zip (565 KB)