Low Rider Flat Parts for Makita 701

I see the Flat Parts set is necessary for the Low Rider v2, which I plan to purchase as soon as the bundle is available.

But the Flat Parts set specifies Dewalt 611. Is there a flat parts kit that works with the Makita 701? I’m not opposed to doing custom mods but would happily buy a part that’s milled for the Makita if it’s available.

I haven’t seen one, but it may exist. The dewalt one may work fine too.

The DW611 just connects to the top of the flat part by screws, replacing the router plate. If the makita is smaller, then a standard flat part would have a hole where you would want to mount it. So you’d want a custom plate without the hole cut. If the makita is larger, then you might need to make the distance between the rollers larger to make it fit. That would cut down on your work area a little.

If it is about the same size, then you can probably just drill new holes to mount it and be fine.

2 Likes

I’ll add that placement isn’t critical as long as you don’t run into other parts. Just try to reasonably center it and you should be fine.

2 Likes

I’m running a 701c using the plate and other printed parts from here All necessary modifications to work with a Makita RT0700C or RT0701C

3 Likes

great point. Thanks!

Oh great news. Thank you!