LOW RIDER PARTS

Dang! I definitely checked when I placed my order yesterday. Browser cache might have gotten me.

If all goes according to plan, check back in an hour. :wink:

noob question hereā€¦

Could I create a one time 3D printed copy of the flat parts with the TAZ 6 INOVA-1800 filament to make the flat parts ??

1 Like

As far as I know, no one has printed the flat parts yet. I donā€™t think theyā€™d be stiff enough. If you print(paper) the DXFs full size to use as a pattern, the holes are the only important part. Everything else can be a little off. Then you could build the lowrider and have it recut the plates properly.

1 Like

I think it would be a fun thing to see though. Even if it failed. If you built it smaller, the stresses would be smaller, right? You just need a setup to cut the 12" or so for the flat partsā€¦ It would be neat to see it make as cheapo as possible, for one job. A chunk of plywood on some sawhorses, plastic flat parts, full sized tubes sticking out one sideā€¦ Just please take some photos or video.

Itā€™s probably a lot easier and cheaper to just do what Barry said though.

I found somebody across town who can plasma-cut steel pieces for me. What are you folksā€™ thoughts on that? Reckon I should hold out for somebody who can do wood?

I can do wood for you, I will have a cart link here shortly for people to just place an order and input their information without having to go back and forth on the forum.

The parts are laser cut Plywood.

1 Like

Plywood will be a lot lighter than steelā€¦

Flat Parts Now Available at ā€“ kinetechconcepts.com

Where is the template?

Thanks!

Ā 

Thingiverse, DXF file, linked from the parts page.