Lowrider 2 build and tool table

Hey everyone!

New to this forum but not new to v1 projects. But posting my almost finished project. I built the table out of 16ga steel on 6 casters. The top is made for my tools that need to be bolted down. Still need to do all the wiring and vacuum tubes for the tools. But just did my first crown test and worked perfectly! Next project is to model all the toolbox tools in solidworks cut foam organizers for.

On top: wood lathe, smithy mill/lathe, belt sander, disc grinder, all material chop saw, drill press, and need to buy a band saw for it.

On bottom: 4x8 lowrider.

14 Likes

Ohhhhh I like it! I might need to try something like that. I am obsessed with wheeled benches now, and welding is still fun so a big giant rolling table looks perfect.

I’m looking at doing something similar to this but with the lowrider on top. How much of a pain is it to remove it from the table? I’d like to be able to use the top for woodworking stuff, clear it off and setup the lowrider. Not really sure if this is feasible.

Thank you! To be real I made it this whole big metal table because I bought a new welder and that rage saw so wanted to build something cool.

The biggest obstacle with quick removal is the x axis belt. Has to be remove to remove the unit from the table. But a quick redesign of the end of belt seems pretty easy, been thinking of mocking up because my father wants to build same thing and dealing with same issue of easy storage of it. When I mock it up in couple weeks I will definitely post it.

So did my first cuts this last weekend! I have been playing with being able to take a picture of my tools for toolbox and converting the pictures into vectors to import into estlcam. Finally after much trial and error I found a great method that is super easy and quick.

5 Likes

Okay, share your method!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Nice build… I want a similar table but just for the LowRider… But I know I’m going to be welding it up like this.

Those Evolution saws are awesome- I have the 14" and haven’t used my abrasive saw since I bought it. Cuts steel like it’s butter!