Lowrider 2 - The phoenix Rising from the ashes of my MPCNC

Thanks, I will plod on with getting the CNC panels of the Low Rider done over the December break. We are suffering serious “load shedding” (Black outs) at the moment and without electricity 2 - 3 times a day for 2 or 3 hours at a time so I dare not start any printing. If I schedule my time right I should be OK.

With Industry closing for the holidays, it is supposed that the load shedding will cease until January. I need to get a UPS in place perhaps.

I would try to look for the marlin/main board combo that can handle power outages. It is possible for marlin to pick up where it left off after you confirm the state. Good luck and sorry about the black outs. just not acceptable in our time and age.

Thanks Michael, Result of government corruption and total ineptness in running things. Ex President Zuma and the Gupta family have been raping South Africa and involved in State Capture.

We need R1.7-trillion (Exchange rate is R14 to the US Dollar) to put our electricity generating infrastructure on a healthy footing. This thing is holding the South African economy to ransom.

A new 3d printer with resume after power failure is definitely on the cards for next year. I am just looking to finish off the Core XY project (S.T.E.V.E.) which is giving me a hard time working out the Programming issues. I was hoping to get it to help with the printing of the Low Rider parts while I am upgrading the Wanhao i3 with a new hot end and extruder.

The MPCNC and The Lowrider Meet.

3 Likes

I came across this excellent idea from the UK where the guy uses gas struts and has his CNC drop down under a work surface.

I am sure I could get this to work with my MPCNC